Thursday, March 26, 2009

Chicken Wonton Salad


Jolie and I are both salad geeks. We absolutely LOVE a good salad and this is one of them. Our mom use to make this and now we make it for almost every "shower" or girls get together!
You'll have to forgive me for not taking a picture of my own. I am in the process of moving and don't have the time and probably wouldn't be able to find anything I need to download pictures. I will be having a cleaning party tomorrow and this is the salad I will be serving. A cleaning party and we're having salad? That's right!!! The women folk from my family will be coming over to help and where there are many women, there should always be a good salad!
This salad is extremely simple when you use canned chicken, precooked wonton strips, already cut up salad, and premix the dressing. I will heat the chicken a little because canned chicken is always a little pink and I don't suggest precooked wonton strips. Home cooking the wontons are sooo much better but I won't be taking the time to do that this time. Give it a try. It is very addicting! Enjoy!!

Chicken Wonton Salad

1 package wontons (cut into 1/4" strips)

Cook in 1/2" of oil over medium heat. Half package will be enough but I always cook the whole package. They are great with or without salad. (And you can sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on some for the kids). Cook until golden brown and drain on a paper towel.

1 head or bag of lettuce

1 can water chestnuts

6 chicken breast, cooked, cut into strips

4 green onions, chopped (optional....I never use them)

Toasted Sesame seeds

Mix the above all together.

1/4 c. sugar

2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. Accent

1/4 c. salad oil

1/4 c. seasoned rice vinegar

Mix together. Add wontons and dressing to salad and serve at once.

1 comment:

  1. Keep adding to this site. It is really cute and it might become famous. (smile) I have told a lot of people about it. So come on.....get busy.

    Love you both,
    MOM
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete