Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lemon Herb Chicken

Sorry for the hiatus!!! We just moved and then moved again and Comcast took a month to finally get us hooked up. I don't have a computer at home yet but I do have the internet. So I'm excited to get back on the wagon.
I did not take pictures but I did make a dinner tonight that everyone loved. I'm usually not much of a lemon person but this really hit the spot and it was great with the chicken, on the broccoli, and on the rice. I saved the leftover sauce to hopefully slather something else in the next day or two. This recipe came from a friend from my old neighborhood, Cherie Rich.

1 stick margarine or butter
8 chicken breasts, skinned
flour

Preheat oven to 350*. Melt the margarine in the microwave in a medium sized mixing bowl. Spoon off 2 T. of margarine and place in 9 x 13 baking dish. Dip each chicken breast in the remaining margarine and then in flour (lightly). Place the floured chicken in the baking dish. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. While chicken is cooking, make sauce.

1/4 c. lemon juice 1/2 t. rosemary - crushed
1/2 t. salt 2 T. brown sugar
1/2 t. lemon pepper 1 t. lemon peel - shredded (I did not have this so did not use it)
1/2 t. garlic powder 1/2 c. water
1/2 t. oregano 1-2 T. margarine or butter, melted

Place all the ingredients into the mixing bowl; mix well. After chicken has cooked 30 minutes, remove foil covering and pour the sauce over the chicken. Bake another 25 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice.

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment