Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Settebello

So my husbands, brothers, best friends, sister is married to the guy who opened this amazing restaurant. His kids go to the same school my kids go to. That almost makes us related!!
We waited an hour to be seated. When we were seated we got our water, placed our order, and literally within about 3 minutes, our unsliced pizza was in front of us. There are no frills. Just authentic, Italian, delicious, pizza. We each had our own 12 inch pizza baked in an authentic, straight from Italy, brick oven which gets to temperatures of nearly 1000 degrees, taking only 45-60 seconds to fully cook the pizza.
This picture is of the Pizza Lasagna because it's the only picture I can find of their pizza online but I had the "Marinara" and John had the "Margherita". We were out of the restaurant happily fed about 15 minutes later. I wasn't feeling well that evening but had I felt good, we would have stepped into the gelato half of the restaurant. It looked delicious. When my good friend, Heidi, and I went to Italy, we were obsessed with the stuff. Especially the cantaloupe gelato. I'll have to give it a try and see if it is as great as I remember.
So take a look at their menu and find your way to Settebello! It was a great dining experience and I'm excited to go back! More than anything, I was impressed by the simplicity of the place.
http://www.settebello.net/SLC/main.html

No comments:

Post a Comment