Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Oreo Cookies!

I had a chocolate craving and so I made some chocolate Oreo cookies! They were so yummy, chewy, soft and delicious! I colored the cream cheese frosting yellow to match the wonderful thoughts of spring! And then I had more than one cookie and one more after that... then realized I had to give them away before I finished them off all by myself. So my neighbors ended up with a "Happy Spring! Happy Everything!" treat from our family. I'm the "maker" and the husband and kids are the "takers"! Hope you are as excited to see spring coming as we are! Enjoy the cookies!

Cookie!
  • 2 packages Duncan Hines devil's food cake mixes
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 c. shortening

Mix thoroughly. Roll into balls and bake at 350 degrees for 7-9 minutes!

Filling!

  • 1 lb. or 4 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 cube butter
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 1 t. vanilla (or almond or mint!)



Enjoy! Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment