Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Yummy Macaroni and Cheese

Macaroni and Cheese is my comfort food. I love it. I inherited this love from my mom. She's always looking for the best recipe and so am I. Well I think I have come pretty close to finding "the one" if it's not "the one". My kids love this recipe. I love to eat it with tomatoes and John likes to dump Winger's Sauce on it. Whatever way you eat it, it's a good one.
This came from my bishop's wife, Shelly Salmon.

1 1/2 c. elbow macaroni
1/2 cube butter, melted
3 T. flour
2 c. milk
1 c. grated cheese
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

Add flour, salt, and pepper to melted butter. Make this into a white sauce by slowly stirring in the 2 cups milk. Stir and cook until thick. Add cheese and pour over cooked macaroni in a 2 quart buttered casserole dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake at 400* for 20 minutes. (Double for a family of 6).
This goes great with the BBQ meatballs below.

If you think you have the best homemade mac and cheese, please share your recipe with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment